COVID-19 INFORMATION & RESOURCES
We are a TestNebraska site. Appointment is REQUIRED by going to https://www.testnebraska.com.
Testing is available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00 am-10:00 am in the parking lot of Midtown Xpress at 210 S. 3rd Street in Norfolk
Testing is available Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm at Midtown Health Center at 222 N. Main St. in Madison
Midtown Health Center is OPEN for business; please contact us at 402-371-8000 for an appointment.
- Along with Public Health experts, we are urging people to practice social distancing as much as possible to limit the spread of this virus. This means maintaining a 6ft distance from others as much as possible.
- We are trying to assist with this by asking patients to wait for the next open receptionist when checking in and standing back from the reception desk while providing your information.
- We also encourage patients coming to any of our facilities to limit those attending the appointment with you to only those that must be there. We understand that at times spouses, caregivers or siblings may need to attend, we just ask you to be thoughtful of the social distancing requests.
- Since roughly 80% of people with COVID-19 have very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, public health experts recommend that all people- even those who feel healthy practice self-isolation or social distancing as much as possible.
- Midtown follows the recommendations of the CDC, for those experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat or who have traveled or had other opportunities of exposure our staff will assist you in setting an appointment with one of our providers. Please listen closely to the instructions for your visit, and to what site you will have your appointment.
Midtown Health Center.
YOUR CARE MATTERS MOST!
Midtown Health Center is committed to the ongoing health and well-being of our patients, employees, and the community. We are closely monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We continue to work closely with the Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
Midtown remains open at all locations. We ask that if you have a cough, fever, and shortness of breath and have traveled to a high risk area/country in the prior 14 days or have potential exposure to a positive COVID-19 case, please call our office at 402-371-8000 before coming to the clinic for an appointment. Our call volume may be heavy so please be patient if you experience a delay.
To date, no one in Madison County has tested positive for COVID-19, and for the majority of people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low. We do ask that you take the following precautions:
- Clean your hands often using soap and water or a hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available;
- Avoid touching your face, including your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Practice social distancing;
- Avoid group gatherings; and
- Stay home when you’re sick.
Updated: March 16, 2020
Please go to the Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department website for updated information.